Content

Let's get the Teen Mom crap out of the way. Because there's a boat load this week.

Thursday 7 July 2011
Publications: In Touch, OK!, Us Weekly
Date: 18 July 2011

Fresh trash on Thursdays! If you have been to this blog before, you know how I feel about Teen Mom. It would be nearly impossible for me to be clearer, though I will take a shot at the end of this post. But at the beginning of the year, I promised that any story on the cover of any magazine that mentioned someone or made a verifiable (or falsifiable) prediction would get a mention on this blog.

About the only thing I leave out are health tips and horoscopes on the cover of the Sun.

So here are the headlines, three on the different mags and with three different Teen Moms in focus.
  • In Touch: Teen Mom ruined our lives (pictures of Farrah Abraham and Maci Bookout)
    anorexia, addiction and abuse
    living on cigarettes and popcorn to lose weight
    downing pills to mask the pain
    "bribed" to stay on the show
  • Us Weekly: I want Kyle's Baby (Maci Bookout)
  • OK!: Leah: a new man and a new child
I know I shouldn't harp on this stuff or I will just give myself an aneurysm, but the "bribe" to stay on the show is that these stupid girls - and they are still girls - are being paid the princely sum of $280,000 a season to have their stupid lives turned into fish bowls.

That's an obscene amount of money to pay some little bimbo for the mistake of having a baby before she graduates high school. (And yes, Bristol Palin gets included in this tirade as well, even though MTV isn't paying her.) No defense MTV makes for this show carries a milligram of weight, and the gossip rags that keep printing this shit are equally as guilty.

In a world that makes sense, people wouldn't watch this crap and magazines wouldn't write about it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive