Content

Where the Wild Things Were!

Sunday 7 March 2010
This is my bishop, the bishop of Newark, Mark Beckwith, on the right, singing with the bishop of New Jersey, George Councell, on the left.

They were singing together on Friday night at the Diocese of NJ Convention.

I'm told they were singing, "Wild Thing".

Why?

Apparently, because they can.

Just two wild and slightly nerdy guys rockin' out in matching purple shirts to a completely nonsensical but easy to sing to 'oldie-but-goodie' from the 70s.

What's that slogan: "Whoever you are and wherever you are on your faith journey, The Episcopal Church welcomes you."

If you don't believe that after seeing this picture of these two bishops . . . well . . .I'm not sure what it would take to have you believe it.

Okay, somebody get some pans and wooden spoons from the kitchen, turn the pans over and rock out a beat on them with the spoons. Everybody now, sing along:
Wild thing
You make my heart sing
You make everything groovy
Wild thing.

Wild thing, I think you move me
But I wanna know for sure
C'mon, hold me tight.
I love you.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon wild thing.
Shake it, shake it, shake it, wild thing.
Ah, wild thing.
Rock on, Mark and George!

Rock on!

Photo credit:  Whiteycat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive