Content

The gang's (almost) all here

Saturday 15 May 2010


Members of the family are gathering for this afternoon's "My Big Fat Anglican Consecration." It's wonderful seeing so many good friends.

Three former presidents of The Episcopal Women's Caucus along with three former presidents of IntegrityUSA are here. Most of the steering committee of Claiming The Blessing is here. Good friends from 'back in the day' are here. And there are more purple shirts in the hotel lobby this morning than is healthy for anybody.

Everyone is pretty much saying the same thing: "I thought about it and I just couldn't not be here."

I'm just so blessed to be able to be here representing The Episcopal Women's Caucus. I pick up my press credentials in a few hours and will keep y'all posted with pictures.

If you go to the Diocesan web page, however, you will be able to watch the live video cam.

The other comment everyone is making is, "Where's the press? Where's the security?"

My answer? Two women are being ordained. No one cares.

But, one is a lesbian, I hear someone say. The FIRST lesbian.

Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure.

Still a woman.

Well, I'm glad not to have the distraction.

We can just concentrate on what's important: What God is doing in our midst.

I got a card for Diane and Mary to go with the present I'm giving them from The Caucus.

Diane's has a lovely, creative motif and the word "Birth" in the midst of it.

Mary's has these words: "Sometimes, the only available transportation is a leap of faith."

Off we go, then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.