Content

Light at the end of the tunnel

Monday 22 February 2010

It's the first week of Lent - you know the quiet season of introspection and penitence. So, for my penance, I haven't stopped for one minute of introspection, much less penitence.

I am working on the final touches of tonight's Lenten Education presentation while putting the last splashes of seasons to the Lentil Soup for tonight.

Then, it's home to finish packing so I can leave first thing in the morning for a meeting of The Consultation in Chicago until Thursday. I leave Chicago to fly to Nashville for a meeting of the Episcopal Women's Caucus until Saturday when I fly home again.

So, I thought I'd keep my Lenten Discipline of "lightening up" with this little clip. I saw it on FaceBook yesterday (thanks Mark!) and haven't stopped giggling.

I've been pulled back from the ledge many times from my sassy gay friends - and then have them help me pick out the best wine for dinner.

I'll try to post something I've been thinking about - the topic, actually, of the Lenten Education program - about some of the tensions of moving from a 'care taking' model of parish ministry to a more missional model.

Sounds heavy, right? It is. So, in the meantime, lighten up a little.

It's Lent. The Season where there is Light at the end of the tunnel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive